Want to ask a question? Click here

Would the city’s code enforcement division investigate mold growth in a rented apartment?

Julian March

The city of Wilmington’s Code Enforcement Division deferred to the New Hanover County Health Department.

The health department will assess dwellings where a child has a suspected mold-related health condition documented by a signed statement from a physician. If you experience mold issues that meet that criteria, call 910-798-6667.

The county health department has information on treating and preventing mold. You can access it online here: http://health.nhcgov.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/How-to-Prevent-and-Treat-Mold.pdf

Additionally, the N.C. Bar Association has environmental law information on mold contamination. You can access it online here: https://www.ncbar.org/media/86507/Combined-Fact-Sheets.pdf


Got a comment about this post or know more about the answer? Click here to let us know!

Bookmark and Share

Ask a question

Ask a question

If you’re looking for answers about living in coastal North Carolina, you’ve come to the right place. If we don’t have the answer to your question, we’ll find out or try to find someone who does. Hey, that’s our job! So, ask your question below and we’ll do our best to find the answer. Once we do, we’ll post it in an appropriate category.

Can we use your name to credit you by name (no e-mail or other contact information) with this question when we post an answer?
Your question:

Post a comment

Talk to us!

Have a comment about this post or know more about the answer? Use this form to let us know. Note that all comments are moderated and must be approved before they are posted, although you may see your own comments the first time you post them.

Your comment: