Want to ask a question? Click here

How can I let police know about a recurring traffic problem?

Ken Little
StarNews file photo

StarNews file photo

Q. If somebody has a traffic complaint or wants to bring a recurring traffic problem to the attention of law enforcement officers, who should they call in Wilmington and New Hanover County?

A. If you have a traffic complaint, you should call 910-452-6120, said Linda Rawley, a WPD spokeswoman.

As far as the New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office, “Any traffic violations can be reported to our Patrol Division,” Sgt. Jerry Brewer said.

The number to call is 910-798-4227.

The general number for the New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office is 910-798-4200.


What number do you call to get Wilmington Police to come to an accident site?

Are Wilmington Police doing anything to prevent illegal right turns from Medical Center Drive onto 17th Street?

Why don’t drivers stop for people using the Ann Street crosswalk on South Third Street?


User-contributed question by:

Got a comment about this post or know more about the answer? Click here to let us know!

Bookmark and Share

Ask a question

Ask a question

If you’re looking for answers about living in coastal North Carolina, you’ve come to the right place. If we don’t have the answer to your question, we’ll find out or try to find someone who does. Hey, that’s our job! So, ask your question below and we’ll do our best to find the answer. Once we do, we’ll post it in an appropriate category.

Can we use your name to credit you by name (no e-mail or other contact information) with this question when we post an answer?
Your question:

Post a comment

Talk to us!

Have a comment about this post or know more about the answer? Use this form to let us know. Note that all comments are moderated and must be approved before they are posted, although you may see your own comments the first time you post them.

Your comment: