Want to ask a question? Click here

Who do I get in touch with to report police misconduct?

Brian Freskos

StarNews file photo.

Southeastern North Carolina has a slew of law enforcement jurisdictions. Therefore, you need to contact the agency or jurisdiction in which the officer works. We’ve compiled a list of the biggest agencies  below. If you don’t see the one you’re looking for, you might try searching for the appropriate agency online and then calling their front desk.

Wilmington Police Department: Call the front desk at 343-3600 or email wpdia@wilmingtonnc.gov.

Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office: Call the internal affairs officer at 253-2440

New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office: Visit the office at 3950 Juvenile Center Road and fill out a form at the front desk. Completed forms are then reviewed by the agency’s Internal Affairs Unit.

Pender County Sheriff’s Office: Call 259-1212 and ask to file a complaint with Major K.D. Hinkle.

User-contributed question by:
Brice Bradshaw

Got a comment about this post or know more about the answer? Click here to let us know!

Bookmark and Share

Ask a question

Ask a question

If you’re looking for answers about living in coastal North Carolina, you’ve come to the right place. If we don’t have the answer to your question, we’ll find out or try to find someone who does. Hey, that’s our job! So, ask your question below and we’ll do our best to find the answer. Once we do, we’ll post it in an appropriate category.

Can we use your name to credit you by name (no e-mail or other contact information) with this question when we post an answer?
Your question:

Post a comment

Talk to us!

Have a comment about this post or know more about the answer? Use this form to let us know. Note that all comments are moderated and must be approved before they are posted, although you may see your own comments the first time you post them.

Your comment: