Want to ask a question? Click here

When the city annexes an area, does it maintain roads, drainage and retention ponds?

Shelby Sebens

The city of Wilmington would only take N.C. Department of Transportation roads and the rest could petition for acceptance, Public Service Director Richard King said. He said the city would have to investigate the stormwater to see if it was carrying public water and dedicated easements.

He added the retention ponds would stay private.

User-contributed question by:
Van Caplanson

Got a comment about this post or know more about the answer? Click here to let us know!

Bookmark and Share

Ask a question

Ask a question

If you’re looking for answers about living in coastal North Carolina, you’ve come to the right place. If we don’t have the answer to your question, we’ll find out or try to find someone who does. Hey, that’s our job! So, ask your question below and we’ll do our best to find the answer. Once we do, we’ll post it in an appropriate category.

Can we use your name to credit you by name (no e-mail or other contact information) with this question when we post an answer?
Your question:

Post a comment

Talk to us!

Have a comment about this post or know more about the answer? Use this form to let us know. Note that all comments are moderated and must be approved before they are posted, although you may see your own comments the first time you post them.

Your comment: