Want to ask a question? Click here

How can I get a road sign put up in my neighborhood warning drivers of deer?

Ken Little

Roderick Wyatt, with the N.C. Department of Transportation’s Traffic Services Department in Wilmington, said the current policy on deer warning signs is as follows:


Wilmington N.C. DOT Traffic Services: (910) 341-0300. (StarNews file photo)

Signs “can be erected at locations when the investigating traffic engineer determines a site to be a frequent deer crossing and/or an accident location involving deer. Signs would not be installed in subdivisions or on unpaved roads due to slow speeds and local traffic,” Wyatt said.

The number for the Wilmington N.C. DOT Traffic Services Department is (910) 341-0300.

User-contributed question by:

Got a comment about this post or know more about the answer? Click here to let us know!

Bookmark and Share

Ask a question

Ask a question

If you’re looking for answers about living in coastal North Carolina, you’ve come to the right place. If we don’t have the answer to your question, we’ll find out or try to find someone who does. Hey, that’s our job! So, ask your question below and we’ll do our best to find the answer. Once we do, we’ll post it in an appropriate category.

Can we use your name to credit you by name (no e-mail or other contact information) with this question when we post an answer?
Your question:

Post a comment

Talk to us!

Have a comment about this post or know more about the answer? Use this form to let us know. Note that all comments are moderated and must be approved before they are posted, although you may see your own comments the first time you post them.

Your comment: