Want to ask a question? Click here

Why is it taking so long to replace the street sign at Masonboro Loop Road and Southwold Drive?

Ken Little

The N.C. Department of Transportation does not install or replace the street signs.

“In this case, the reader should contact New Hanover County property management,” N.C. DOT spokeswoman Jennifer Garifo said.

The number is (910) 798-4330.

“If it’s not in city limits we do take care of them,” said a county property management office employee.

Residents of streets in unincorporated sections of the county with missing signs are urged to contact the property management office.

“We don’t know if it’s missing unless somebody calls it in,” the employee said.

Once a missing sign report is called in, it takes seven to 10 business days to replace it. If a new sign has to be made, it will take longer, the property management employee said.

“DOT only handles road signs. We handle the green street signs outside city limits,” she said.

The county property management office is already working on the missing Masonboro Loop Road sign, she added.

User-contributed question by:

Got a comment about this post or know more about the answer? Click here to let us know!

Bookmark and Share

Ask a question

Ask a question

If you’re looking for answers about living in coastal North Carolina, you’ve come to the right place. If we don’t have the answer to your question, we’ll find out or try to find someone who does. Hey, that’s our job! So, ask your question below and we’ll do our best to find the answer. Once we do, we’ll post it in an appropriate category.

Can we use your name to credit you by name (no e-mail or other contact information) with this question when we post an answer?
Your question:

Post a comment

Talk to us!

Have a comment about this post or know more about the answer? Use this form to let us know. Note that all comments are moderated and must be approved before they are posted, although you may see your own comments the first time you post them.

Your comment: