Want to ask a question? Click here

Who repairs the city lights when they malfunction?

Patrick Gannon

Progress Engergy maintains the vast majority of street lights in the city of Wilmington.

The city owns and maintains decorative street lights in the Central Business District and on the Riverwalk. But aside from those,Progress Energy would be the place to contact if you have street light problems. Typically, you can identify Progress Energy-maintained poles because they have a series of numbers and letters written in black on a yellow background somewhere on the pole, said Drew Elliot, a Progress Energy spokesman.

To report a problem with a street light, call Progress Energy customer service at 1-800-452-2777, press 1, then 1 again. Street light problems can also be reported on the company’s Web site, www.progress-energy.com. Include as much information as possible about the light and the problem.

User-contributed question by:

Got a comment about this post or know more about the answer? Click here to let us know!

Bookmark and Share

Ask a question

Ask a question

If you’re looking for answers about living in coastal North Carolina, you’ve come to the right place. If we don’t have the answer to your question, we’ll find out or try to find someone who does. Hey, that’s our job! So, ask your question below and we’ll do our best to find the answer. Once we do, we’ll post it in an appropriate category.

Can we use your name to credit you by name (no e-mail or other contact information) with this question when we post an answer?
Your question:

Post a comment

Talk to us!

Have a comment about this post or know more about the answer? Use this form to let us know. Note that all comments are moderated and must be approved before they are posted, although you may see your own comments the first time you post them.

Your comment: