Jim Ware

Reader Cynthia Smith wrote to MyReporter.com to ask if anyone knew where the former New China restaurant on Oleander Drive bought its egg rolls.

Can you help? If so, post your comment below.

Thanks.

Cynthia Smith

7 Responses to “ Does anyone know where the former New China restaurant on Oleander Drive bought its egg rolls?”

1. On October 4, 2010 at 3:22 pm Kevin Edwards wrote:

They were not bought they were made at the restaurant. Gee and Frank Lem, the brothers that operated the restaurant, still make them. You have to contact them to
    place an order.

2. On October 5, 2010 at 1:53 pm chaz wrote:

That may be the oddest question I have ever seen on this site.

3. On October 5, 2010 at 6:38 pm Vinny wrote:

They get them from China Garden down the street.

4. On October 5, 2010 at 10:54 pm Wayne wrote:

I don’t think it’s an odd question at all. To each his own.

5. On October 8, 2010 at 7:14 am Joyce Johnson wrote:

They did not purchase their egg rolls, they made them.
    One of the previous owners is my co-worker.

6. On October 15, 2011 at 2:03 pm Julie Edens wrote:

Take it from someone who knows! Everything in the restaruant was handmade (except for the hot mustard). My mother worked there for 25 years(myself 8 years). The food was the best ever. I have not run across another restaraunt that has the same quality food. My mother has said, its because of the use of MSG. Which is not used anymore! Egg Ro lls are handmade. Duck Sauce unforgetable!!! If you are reading this……( Frank, Amy. Gee) Miss you….love you and I miss Shrimp Chow Mein and egg rolls so much I could cry! Muah lil’ Barbs Daughter Julie!!!

7. On February 24, 2012 at 12:22 pm Christina wrote:

We would like to order some of the egg rolls from the guys at New China, also we would like to know the recipe for their Chicken Chow Mein, my Mom won’t quit talking about wanting some. Thanks Christina