Want to ask a question? Click here

How can I make the city of Wilmington aware of street and drainage problems?

Si Cantwell

When are they going to repave my street? When will they replace the streetlights? When will they fix the blocked drain near my house.

Here’s how to make the city of Wilmington aware of such problems:

Street maintenance

To report a pothole on a city-maintained street, call 910-341-7879. For a state or county-maintained road, call the N.C. DOT at 910-341-2250.

Residents can get more information on street and sidewalk maintenance and access a map of city-maintained streets at www.wilmingtonnc.gov/streets.


For drainage requests or maintenance for a blocked storm drain, city residents should call the city’s stormwater division at 910-341-4646. Citizens can get more information and access a map of planned and completed capital projects throughout the city at www.wilmingtonnc.gov/stormwater.


City residents can request additional streetlights by contacting the city’s Traffic Engineering Division at 910-341-7888. Citizens can get more information on the city’s streetlights at www.wilmingtonnc.gov/traffic.

In addition, citizens can access maps for streetlights, street maintenance, parks and more at www.wilmingtonnc.gov/maps.

NOTE: Thanks to Malissa Talbert, the city’s Communications Manager, for this answer.


How do I know which year was my street was created and who do I ask about when the road will be repaved?

How does the NC Department of Transportation decide which roads to repave and prioritize when to pave them?

User-contributed question by:
Too numerous to name!

Got a comment about this post or know more about the answer? Click here to let us know!

Bookmark and Share

Ask a question

Ask a question

If you’re looking for answers about living in coastal North Carolina, you’ve come to the right place. If we don’t have the answer to your question, we’ll find out or try to find someone who does. Hey, that’s our job! So, ask your question below and we’ll do our best to find the answer. Once we do, we’ll post it in an appropriate category.

Can we use your name to credit you by name (no e-mail or other contact information) with this question when we post an answer?
Your question:

Post a comment

Talk to us!

Have a comment about this post or know more about the answer? Use this form to let us know. Note that all comments are moderated and must be approved before they are posted, although you may see your own comments the first time you post them.

Your comment: