Want to ask a question? Click here

How do you contact the sheriffs office about non-emergency matters, like someone target shooting late at night?

F.T. Norton

To report crimes to law enforcement agencies when it is not an emergency situation you can either go into the police or sheriff’s office or you can call the non-emergency dispatch number for your respective county.

To reach the New Hanover County dispatch center call 910-798-4162; in Brunswick County call 910-253-7490; in Pender County call 910-259-1515.

If you wish to report a non-emergency issue to the N.C. State Highway Patrol you should call 1-800-334-7411.

If you have information about crimes, you can send that information via text message to the Wilmington Police Department via Text-A-Tip. Send “Tip708” and the information to 274637 (CRIMES). If  the crime happened in the county, you can send tips to the New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office by visiting www.newhanoversheriff.com/submit-a-crime-tip.


User-contributed question by:

Got a comment about this post or know more about the answer? Click here to let us know!

Bookmark and Share

Ask a question

Ask a question

If you’re looking for answers about living in coastal North Carolina, you’ve come to the right place. If we don’t have the answer to your question, we’ll find out or try to find someone who does. Hey, that’s our job! So, ask your question below and we’ll do our best to find the answer. Once we do, we’ll post it in an appropriate category.

Can we use your name to credit you by name (no e-mail or other contact information) with this question when we post an answer?
Your question:

Post a comment

Talk to us!

Have a comment about this post or know more about the answer? Use this form to let us know. Note that all comments are moderated and must be approved before they are posted, although you may see your own comments the first time you post them.

Your comment: