Want to ask a question? Click here

Are there any resources in town to assist with having an exotic animal as a pet, specifically a wallaby or kangaroo?

Austin Suther

New Hanover County does not specifically have any laws governing possession of wallabies and kangaroos, according to Lt. Brewer, spokesperson for the New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office.

As far as resources for these animals go, you’ll be hard-pressed to find any. The classification of exotic animals can range from hamsters to pigs. These are traditionally what veterinarians in the area would consider to be “exotic.” Therefore, most veterinarians in this area are not equipped to handle wallabies or kangaroos.

User-contributed question by:

Got a comment about this post or know more about the answer? Click here to let us know!

Bookmark and Share

Ask a question

Ask a question

If you’re looking for answers about living in coastal North Carolina, you’ve come to the right place. If we don’t have the answer to your question, we’ll find out or try to find someone who does. Hey, that’s our job! So, ask your question below and we’ll do our best to find the answer. Once we do, we’ll post it in an appropriate category.

Can we use your name to credit you by name (no e-mail or other contact information) with this question when we post an answer?
Your question:

Post a comment

Talk to us!

Have a comment about this post or know more about the answer? Use this form to let us know. Note that all comments are moderated and must be approved before they are posted, although you may see your own comments the first time you post them.

Your comment: