Want to ask a question? Click here

Will Wilmington grade an alley and fill in ruts if city trash trucks use the alley?

Julian March

Q. If Wilmington trash trucks use an alley and it is very rutted, which city department is called to grade the alley and fill in the ruts?

A. The city of Wilmington maintains many streets inside the city. To ask about whether the city could perform maintenance on an alley, you can call 341-7879.

To view a map of city streets, click here. On the map, city-maintained street are in blue while state-maintained routes are in red.


Who do I call to repair a road?

Who do I call to repair a sidewalk or pothole?


User-contributed question by:
John Brunelle

Got a comment about this post or know more about the answer? Click here to let us know!

Bookmark and Share

Ask a question

Ask a question

If you’re looking for answers about living in coastal North Carolina, you’ve come to the right place. If we don’t have the answer to your question, we’ll find out or try to find someone who does. Hey, that’s our job! So, ask your question below and we’ll do our best to find the answer. Once we do, we’ll post it in an appropriate category.

Can we use your name to credit you by name (no e-mail or other contact information) with this question when we post an answer?
Your question:

Post a comment

Talk to us!

Have a comment about this post or know more about the answer? Use this form to let us know. Note that all comments are moderated and must be approved before they are posted, although you may see your own comments the first time you post them.

Your comment: