The “little school remains” in front of Parsley Elementary School is an outdoor open form class room. It was built on the original two room school foundation as a tribute to the original Parsley School.
It is used for outdoor classes or special programs.
In 1913 Walter L. Parsley Elementary donated 2.33 acres for the building of a school in the Masonboro area. The cost of building the school was $2,100. The principal was Ms. Sallie Rogers. The building was used as a school until 1927 when it was turned into a community center.
The current Parsley Elementary school was built in 2000 and officially opened in 2001.
Date posted: July 30, 2013
User-contributed question by: