We don’t know what it is yet but we know what it won’t be.
The site has a permit issued for an 8,465 square foot retail building, according to New Hanover County spokesperson Charles Smith. However, no specific tenant is listed by the developer at this time.
The permit given by the county in November 2012 does exclude some uses for the site:
- Funeral homes including cremation services
- Special trade contractor with no outside storage
- Landscaping services – maintenance
- Design and related services
- General building contractors with no outside storage
- Landscaping contractors with no outside storage
- Research facilities
- Electrical repair shops
- Indoor recreation facilities
Smith said an additional condition also specifies that dry cleaning or laundry plants are limited to drop off and pick up facilities only.
If anyone knows more about the site, let us know in the Comments below.
Date posted: July 22, 2013
User-contributed question by: