Want to ask a question? Click here

Are UNCW’s construction projects put out for public bid? How do you bid on them?

Pressley Baird

Paul Reinmann (left), assistant director for Fixed Operations and Planning Center for Marine Science, and Dan Baden, executive principal with Marine Biotechnology in North Carolina, hold plans for the future MARBIONC building at the UNCW Center for Marine Sciences on Aug. 18, 2011. StarNews photo by Mike Spencer.

All of UNCW’s construction projects are put out for public bid, said Charlie Maimone, UNCW’s vice chancellor for business affairs.

The university maintains an open bidders list for projects under $500,000 and is willing to add contractors with proper licensing and insurance to that list. Such contractors can call UNCW’s Office of Facilities at 962-3105.

For projects that top $500,000, bidders can find details online at http://uncw.edu/architecturalandconstruction/forarchitectsengineerscontractors.html.


Will UNCW ever reopen Price Drive?

Does UNCW have someone in responsible for the upkeep of the landscaping in front by South College Road?


User-contributed question by:

Got a comment about this post or know more about the answer? Click here to let us know!

Bookmark and Share

Ask a question

Ask a question

If you’re looking for answers about living in coastal North Carolina, you’ve come to the right place. If we don’t have the answer to your question, we’ll find out or try to find someone who does. Hey, that’s our job! So, ask your question below and we’ll do our best to find the answer. Once we do, we’ll post it in an appropriate category.

Can we use your name to credit you by name (no e-mail or other contact information) with this question when we post an answer?
Your question:

Post a comment

Talk to us!

Have a comment about this post or know more about the answer? Use this form to let us know. Note that all comments are moderated and must be approved before they are posted, although you may see your own comments the first time you post them.

Your comment: