Is the house at 1101 Country Club Rd. haunted?

Q. I have lived in Wilmington for 44 years. I also grew up in Forest Hills. We have always heard of the house at 1101 Country Club Rd. is extremly haunted. Had a new couple move in it three years ago. They stayed six weeks and had to leave. Lots of people over at least the past 15 years that live there leave shortly after. The neighbors all are given the exact same reason! GHOSTS! Check into it if you can. Thanks.

A. MyReporter is afraid it can’t scare up an answer to this. We’ve been unable find evidence of ghostly apparitions there.

Brooks Preik, author of “Haunted Wilmington and the Cape Fear Coast,” and John Debnam, who’s lived on Country Club Road for decades, have never heard stories of a haunted house there. The structure sits right next to Wrightsville Avenue, which might explain the turnover in residents.

John Hirchak of Ghost Walk of Wilmington hasn’t heard of it either – although he usually doesn’t keep track of apparitions outside of downtown.

If any readers have knowledge of a spectral nature about the site, let us know in the Comments below.

RELATED LINKS:

Are there any ‘haunted houses’ in the Wilmington area?

Who are some local ghosts?

Jason Marks

10 Responses to “ Is the house at 1101 Country Club Rd. haunted?”

1. On July 2, 2012 at 10:19 am Blair Witch wrote:

maybe it’s a Witch House!
    Can’t you interview the neighbors about it to find out?

2. On July 9, 2012 at 3:30 pm Mike Lagrange wrote:

I had a friend live there about 9years ago, And yes it is haunted! I didn’t believe in ghost till I stayed there because I had a pipe burst at my place! Cabinets opening and closing while I was popping popcorn in the kitchen! Right in front of me! Then 3 of us watched a book fly off a shelf. And some of the papers that were in the book were crumpled up in front of us. We left about 5 mins later. My friend went back to get his belongings when the sun came up, and never went back! He said he heard a female laughing while he and his friends were packing up! He glady gave up his $500.00 deposit!

3. On July 12, 2012 at 5:03 pm Natasha wrote:

Didnt a councilman die there 35 years ago? Rupert something.

4. On July 13, 2012 at 1:15 pm Chaz wrote:

This is WAY too interesting not to follow up on! What’s the story? I drove by in the rear alley the other day and saw a face looking out the top back small window. Was is a spook? Doubt it, but maybe there is someone there that can give some answers!
    We can handle the truth!

5. On November 30, 2012 at 1:04 pm Moulder Skully wrote:

I would like to know more about this. Has anyone else been investigating? Any interviews or pop ins at the house?

6. On February 12, 2013 at 6:15 pm chaz wrote:

I have been trying to get more info on this since it was first published. Will the Starnews be following up on this? WILL YOU PLEASE????

7. On February 14, 2013 at 5:18 pm Si Cantwell wrote:

I’m sorry, but I don’t think the StarNews will be devoting more staff time to this question.

8. On June 29, 2016 at 3:02 pm We The People wrote:

Come on star news…. the community needs to know about this!

9. On September 29, 2016 at 3:39 pm Concerned Citizens Against Hunted Homes (CCAHH) wrote:

What is Star News Hiding! We want the truth! Where are the ghosts?