Want to ask a question? Click here

If a person sells food at a church function, does he or she need a permit?

Jessica Toomer

Q. If a person in Wilmington sells food periodically at a church function, a small single event or at an auction, does he or she need any permits? If yes, who is to be contacted?

A. Registered nonprofits can sell food at events one time per month. For festivals and other events that make a profit, the New Hanover County Health Department asks that you apply two weeks before the event to the Environment Health Department and pay the $75 fee.

Call (910) 798-6667 for more information.


Are food trucks allowed in New Hanover County?

Is it against health regulations to bring your own food or drink into a restaurant?

User-contributed question by:
John Brunelle

Got a comment about this post or know more about the answer? Click here to let us know!

Bookmark and Share

Ask a question

Ask a question

If you’re looking for answers about living in coastal North Carolina, you’ve come to the right place. If we don’t have the answer to your question, we’ll find out or try to find someone who does. Hey, that’s our job! So, ask your question below and we’ll do our best to find the answer. Once we do, we’ll post it in an appropriate category.

Can we use your name to credit you by name (no e-mail or other contact information) with this question when we post an answer?
Your question:

Post a comment

Talk to us!

Have a comment about this post or know more about the answer? Use this form to let us know. Note that all comments are moderated and must be approved before they are posted, although you may see your own comments the first time you post them.

Your comment: