Here’s the full question:
Does anyone sponsor day bus trips to events outside the area? Like shopping excursions to Myrtle Beach or Christmas shows? I’m looking for a trip going to Raleigh to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
Here’s our answer:
Unfortunately, it’s too late to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, which performed in Raleigh in December. The City of Wilmington’s recreation department used to offer budget-friendly day trips to seniors to places like the N.C. Zoo in Asheboro and the N.C. Museum of Art in Raleigh, but budget cuts put an end to those.
Rich Tours, however, a family-owned company in Wilmington, offers day trips to places and events nearby, including trips to Christmas events. The following schedule of upcoming trips comes from the Rich Tours website, richtourstravel.typepad.com:
- Thursday, May 3 – WICKED – Broadway in Durham – includes transportation & orchestra level seating for afternoon show – $135
- Wednesday, May 9 – Springtime in Raleigh & dinner at the Angus Barn – includes tour of gardens at NC Governors Mansion, State Capitol, Legislative buildings and dinner at Angus Barn all taxes and escorts from Rich Tours Travel – $85
- Saturday, May 19 – A Streetcar Named Desire and BBQ Bash lunch with pitmaster Ed Mitchell – includes transportation, admission to show, lunch, all taxes and escorts from Rich Tours Travel – $85
- Saturday, June 9 – West Side Story – Broadway in Durham – includes transportation & orchestra level seating for afternoon show – $125
- Saturday, July 7 – Visit “A Man Named Pearl” world famous topiary artist & The Florence Farmer’s Market – includes transportation, tour of topiary gardens, visit to the Florence Farmer’s Market, lunch, all taxes and escorts from Rich Tours Travel – $75
- Saturday, July 21 – Discover New Bern and Tryon Palace – transportation, admission to Tryon Palace, guided tour of New Bern, lunch, all taxes and escorts from Rich Tours Travel – $8
If you know of other local companies who arrange day trips to regional attractions, please post below.
Date posted: March 19, 2012
User-contributed question by: