Want to ask a question? Click here

Why do I never see law enforcement on River Road south of Independence in the morning?

Brian Freskos

The New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office, which generally services River Road, concentrates its finite resources in areas where it will do the most good. During much of the year, that means patrol deputies concentrate on school zone areas because those streets experience higher volumes of traffic than most others in the county, said Cpl. Jerry Brewer, a sheriff’s office spokesman.

But that doesn’t mean residents on River Road who are concerned about speeders have no recourse. Brewer said citizens who want deputies to increase patrols in an area can call the patrol division at (91) 798-4227. Also, citizens concerned about crimes in their neighborhood can request a special patrol by going to the sheriff’s website, clicking on the NHSCO Forms tab and filling out the residential check form. Once a special patrol is requested, the sheriff’s office will deploy deputies to the area twice per day — once during day shift and once during night shift.

User-contributed question by:

Got a comment about this post or know more about the answer? Click here to let us know!

Bookmark and Share

Ask a question

Ask a question

If you’re looking for answers about living in coastal North Carolina, you’ve come to the right place. If we don’t have the answer to your question, we’ll find out or try to find someone who does. Hey, that’s our job! So, ask your question below and we’ll do our best to find the answer. Once we do, we’ll post it in an appropriate category.

Can we use your name to credit you by name (no e-mail or other contact information) with this question when we post an answer?
Your question:

Post a comment

Talk to us!

Have a comment about this post or know more about the answer? Use this form to let us know. Note that all comments are moderated and must be approved before they are posted, although you may see your own comments the first time you post them.

Your comment: