UPDATE: On Dec. 31, 2013, Staff Writer F.T. Norton wrote about the four unsolved Wilmington murders from 2013. She also provided a comprehensive overview of all the unsolved murders in recent years and decades in New Hanover, Brunswick and Pender counties. There were 50 of them listed.
Here’s the way we answered this question in August 2010:
Fifteen killings haven’t been solved since 2000.
A total of 95 killings have happened during that same time period, said Lucy Crockett, Wilmington police spokeswoman.
Here’s the breakdown:
- 2010: Four people were murdered and three of the cases remain unsolved. Those whose murders remain unsolved are Teshon Malik Lane, Quincey Diallo Rhodes and Eric Connell Fields Jr.
- 2009: Police solved four of the five killings. Priscilla Rogers’ killer hasn’t been found.
- 2008: Police solved nine of 13 killings. The killings of Montez Jones, Emmitt Cinque Irving, Allison Jackson-Foy and Angela Nobles Rothen have not been solved.
- 2007: Police solved 10 of 11 killings. Ronald Conyers’ killer has not been found.
- 2006: Police solved all eight killings.
- 2005: Police solved all 10 killings.
- 2004: Police solved eight of nine killings. Investigators are still looking for Terry Antwain Green’s killer.
- 2003: Police cleared all five homicides.
- 2002: Police cleared all 11 homicides.
- 2001: Police solved seven of 10 killings. The cases of Gerenew Zeleke, Stephen Wayne Sidberry and Vernard Darius Chandler have not been solved.
- 2000: Police solved seven of nine killings. William R. Smith III’s and Jerome Mitchell’s killers haven’t been found.
Date posted: August 11, 2010
User-contributed question by: