Want to ask a question? Click here

How do I get help if I’m a victim of domestic violence?

If you have been abused by your spouse or a loved one and you don’t know where to turn, there are places you can go for immediate help and even to escape your abuser.

In New Hanover County, visit the Domestic Violence Shelter and Services at 2901 Market St., Wilmington [Map this], or call (910) 343-0703. You can visit the Web site at www.domesticviolence-wilm.org.

In Brunswick County, Hope Harbor Home Inc. is a shelter for victims of domestic violence. You may call (910) 754-5726 or call the crisis hot line at (910) 754-5856 for help. Or visit the Web site at http://hopeharborhome.org/.

In Pender County, contact Safe Haven in Burgaw at (910) 259-8989 for help with domestic violence or sexual assault. Visit its Web site at safehavenofpender.com.

To learn more about domestic violence and how you can protect yourself, go to http://www.nccourts.org/County/Pender/Programs/Domestic/Resources.asp.

Got a comment about this post or know more about the answer? Click here to let us know!

Bookmark and Share

Ask a question

Ask a question

If you’re looking for answers about living in coastal North Carolina, you’ve come to the right place. If we don’t have the answer to your question, we’ll find out or try to find someone who does. Hey, that’s our job! So, ask your question below and we’ll do our best to find the answer. Once we do, we’ll post it in an appropriate category.

Can we use your name to credit you by name (no e-mail or other contact information) with this question when we post an answer?
Your question:

Post a comment

Talk to us!

Have a comment about this post or know more about the answer? Use this form to let us know. Note that all comments are moderated and must be approved before they are posted, although you may see your own comments the first time you post them.

Your comment: