Want to ask a question? Click here

Who do I call to get my electricity turned on?

Judy Royal

Come out of the dark. See the light. If you’re looking to brighten things up, literally, then there are certain places you must call before you have the power. Electricity is one of those utilities that offers only one option for service, or maybe two if you count keeping the power off. If that’s not your cup of tea, then here’s who you need to call:

Progress Energy

(800) 452-2777

Serves Wilmington, Hampstead and surrounding areas

Brunswick Electric Membership Corp.

(800) 842-5871

Serves most of Brunswick County, including the beach towns and Leland

City of Southport

(910) 457-7935

Operates the only municipal electric utility in Southeastern North Carolina

Four County Electric Membership Corp.

(800) 368-7289

Serves central, northern and western Pender County

Jones-Onslow Electric Membership Corp.

(800) 682-1515

Serves part of eastern Pender County, including Topsail Island

Got a comment about this post or know more about the answer? Click here to let us know!

Bookmark and Share

Ask a question

Ask a question

If you’re looking for answers about living in coastal North Carolina, you’ve come to the right place. If we don’t have the answer to your question, we’ll find out or try to find someone who does. Hey, that’s our job! So, ask your question below and we’ll do our best to find the answer. Once we do, we’ll post it in an appropriate category.

Can we use your name to credit you by name (no e-mail or other contact information) with this question when we post an answer?
Your question:

Post a comment

Talk to us!

Have a comment about this post or know more about the answer? Use this form to let us know. Note that all comments are moderated and must be approved before they are posted, although you may see your own comments the first time you post them.

Your comment: